RYA Seamanship + Spinnakers
Level: Intermediate | Age: 9 + | Time: 9:30 - 16:30 | Price: £200
Quick Course Information
Age: 9 +
Time: 9:30 - 16:30
Member's Price: £170
Typical Number on Course: 12
Typical Instructor - Student Ratio: 1:6
You should already have Adult Level 3 or Stage 4 in the young people's scheme supported by at least one seasons sailing experience before enrolling on this course.
Still got a question? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to help!
Seamanship and Spinnakers aids you in becoming more proficient at a range of manouveres and an overall more independent sailor. Then later in the week progressing into performance dinghies and using spinnakers, a large fore sail which makes a dramatic difference to speed. You should already have Adult Level 3 or Stage 4 in the young people's scheme supported by at least one seasons sailing experience before enrolling on this course. As an advanced module, some participants may find this course fairly demanding due to age or physical strength, we do our utmost to accommodate everybody so please don't hesitate to ask if you have any queries.
- Launching and recovering the boat in different circumstances
- Reducing sail
- Recovering a man overboard
- How to rig the boat, gybe and recover one type of spinnaker, either conventional or asymmetric
- How to sail the best possible course downwind
Ability After Course
- Able to handle a wide range of situations afloat
- Able to use one type of spinnaker, conventional or asymmetric