RYA Approved First Aid
Level: Beginner | Age: Any | Time: 9:30 - 17:30 | Price: £110
Quick Course Information
Time: 9:30 - 17:30
Member's Price: £65
Typical Number on Course: 12
Typical Instructor - Student Ratio: 1:12
Please note that due to the rapidly adapting nature of first aid methods, this qualification needs to be renewed every three years.
No Course Joining Instructions Available
Still got a question? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to help!
This is a one day course following the RYA Approved First Aid syllabus which is covered by an external specialist. You will learn about basic life preserving techniques including CPR, hypothermia treatment and much more including trying your hand at a resusci anne.
This qualification is acceptable for all RYA instructor first aid requirements but also is generally a well regarded and sought after skill, that everyone should think about gaining.
- The recovery position in a confined space
- CPR, including the drowning protocol
- Cold shock and hypothermia from immersion and/or exposure
- Seasickness and dehydration
- Medical assistance or advice by VHF
- Helicopter rescue
Ability After Course
- Provide First Aid in an emergency situation