RYA Level 1 + 2
Level: Beginner | Age: 16 + | Time: 9:30 - 16:30 | Price: £350
This is a comprehensive beginners course comprising of the RYA approved adult syllabus run over five consecutive days. No previous experience is necessary as all the basics will be covered starting from the very bottom and progressing at a reasonable pace. The satisfaction of achieving these first steps in dinghy sailing make this a rewarding week for all involved. Ideal for parents who wish to share a hobby with the family or adventurous people who want to try something new. Although sailing can require physical strength, this course isn't too demanding and our accomodating team will find innovative ways to adapt to your needs. The course covers practical dinghy handling whilst giving you a feel for the key concepts of sailing and how/ why everything works the way it does.
- Rigging, launching, sailing in all directions.
- Capsize recovery and essential safety knowledge
- How to launch and recover a dinghy
- How to sail in all directions
Ability After Course
- Able to sail in light winds under supervision
- Able to sail and make decisions in good conditions