SUP Level 2 Paddleboard Course
Level: All | Age: 14 + | Typical Time: 10:00 & 12:00 | Average Price: £50.00
Quick Course Information
Age: 14 +
Typical Time: 10:00 & 12:00
Average Price: £50.00
Average Member's Price: £50.00
Typical Number on Course: 6
Instructor to Student Ratio: 1:6
Download Course Joining Instructions
Still got a question? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to help!
Temporary Members are not entitled to membership discounts.
The ‘Discover’ award is the second step on the British Canoeing paddling pathway.
The course will introduce journeying as we paddle along the picturesque Grand Union Canal.
This 3-hour session is ‘skill and knowledge focused’ aiming to have a safe way of getting more time on the water. By the end of this course paddlers should be able to:
- Understand different locations to paddle and their restrictions/challenges.
- Demonstrate an improved efficient paddle stroke.
- Use a variety of strokes to maintain tracking and manoeuvrability on the water.
- Navigate obstacles and third parties afloat taking into account, flow, weather and any other elements.
- Have knowledge of how to plan a trip taking into account weather, flow, tide, access, 3rd parties, exit options.
- Have understanding of personal gear you might take with you when touring.
Prerequisites: - Participants must have completed the British Canoeing Start Award or BSUPA Ready to Ride/Born to Ride course.
Cost: - £50 per person.
Cost includes buoyancy aid, board, paddle & temporary BLYM membership.
Wetsuits are available for hire at £2 each.
Min Age: - Adults & Children 14+ Award details:- https://www.britishcanoeingawarding.org.uk/paddle-awards/
See link to the Joining Instructions including, clothing & footwear requirements.
Addition Information: -
Sessions run with a minimum of 3 so we reserve the right to move or cancel your booking if required numbers are not met.
Sessions can be arranged for groups/families. Please email dates & times required to. Courses@blym.org.uk Our instructors are all British Canoeing qualified.
Apologies, there are no dates currently available - we can notify you when dates are published if you fill in your details below.